Breathe In

By Ada Tsang - January 23, 2018















Featuring Alvin Lau (@nap.lty)








                                                                                                              Here it is.

    Roughly a month ago, I had this quarter-life crisis ( guess it's more or less that stage of life, huh) in which I had spent quite a significant amount of time doubting and questioning myself.  Not surprisingly, an overwhelming stream of regret, followed by endless sighs and those "if" thoughts had filled me, propelling me to think, really, really hard for once.

If not now, then when? 

   Do you have something you wished that you could've done or started long ago?
Something that you might have forgotten as you became busy living the life, chasing after grades, money, part-time job, etc that the imagination of accomplishment sounds like a distant daydream.



Well, that's what I felt about photography.



 For the longest period of my life, I had always striven to own a camera. This, fortunately, came true as I moved to Hong Kong and began to finance myself.  I remember the excitement vividly, the moment of purchasing Oliver (no-shame yes, I named my Canon DSLR) and finally having a  tool that is going to turn the images in my head into real photographs.



  However, sooner or later, the excitement subsided and I was then carried away while living the life, forgetting what I once was so eager to do. It is not until the deep thoughts that I feel awakened again.



Hence, here it is.



 I am back with a well-rested and energetic mind to continue what I have always been passionate about. There is still so much learning, stumbling and practicing to be done. The photos in this post may not be aesthetically pleasing or up to standard yet. But, they are memorable - the first few ones captured with my portrait lens.



 There are too many to explore. Photo adventures are never dull in a vibrant city like Hong Kong. Thanks to Alvin Lau, a great friend of mine who is patient and photogenic (lmao but real) to make these images happen.



Also, whoever you are, thank you for being here.



Hope you enjoyed the content.


With love,
Da.








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments